Monday, April 12, 2010

"I have a heart", of course you do...

.

I dropped 2 consecutive shots from downtown at the beginning of the match. I bumped on the ground, knowing that shit happens when you play sports, I continued playing. Later I learnt that I probably sprained or worst fractured/broke my left hand. I called for a substitute and sat on the bench watching my teammates play.

But they need me and I wanted us to win so badly. This game is about earning peoples' respect that we young fellas' could play better than some well-known veterans in the league. So I played with all my might, at some point struggling to control the ball with my injured hand against merciless adversaries. But I managed to make it through with the help of my teammates-so-called-friends.

Despite not being in my best of condition, I managed to drop a career high 33 points. That's 2 points more than a half of the team's total 62 points. But it's a team game. I couldn't have done it any better without them hustling and dishing the ball to me.

And now I'm suffering this left hand injury alone; and I'm blogging single-handed; and my exam is just around the corner. Now I'm wondering was it all worth the pain or I'm so stupid that I couldn't even prioritize which one is more important? You tell me.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment