Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm not all 'beach-and-rainbows'!

.

I had this friend who failed half of the subjects he took. He got scared to tell his parents and said it's easy for me to tell my parents simply because I didn't fail any. To be honest, my parents were disappointed and said that I'm not serious that I only scored slightly-above-average.

Initially, my parents were all good and excited when the lecturers personally said that I'm a hardworking student. I did assignments and quizzes without the help from seniors, besides scoring As' for my reports when most of them are averaging Cs and Bs.

But when I screwed up the finals, (actually it's still good to me) my parents said that I'm lazy, incompetent and spent most of the time playing basketball and the computer.
why the hell would they support me playing ball in the first place, if I can't even have fun playing in an irregular tournament?

why the hell would they boast to my relatives that I was pretty occupied because of basketball that I'm not really having any social issues?

why the hell would they ask me to help them with any computer-related issues if I'm not even allowed to play around with the computer?
So they actually want me to not come back home often. Hey, normal students would spend their days in malls or at friends' houses and college is only going to be the place where they sleep at night. That's where social issues bred. Frankly saying, I'm a normal kid too.

I felt so fucked up, because I thought I'd given my best. How do I prove that I'm still that same ol' whiz when I was in high school, when different unis have different standards? They fuck around with their 3.7 gpas' when their final exam only worth 40%, so?!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment